The Big Ten has primary television contracts with FOX Sports, CBS Sports, NBC Sports and a secondary TV contract with the Big Ten Network (BTN), a FOX Sports Media Group & Big Ten joint venture. The agreements with FOX Sports, CBS Sports and NBC Sports are each for seven years and will expire at theFOX Sports Rights Notes
- Up to 27 total games to air on FOX & FS1 in 2023. Starting in 2024, the maximum number will increase to 32 games.
- Most games on FOX broadcast network will air at 12pm Eastern time.
- FOX Sports will have the first choice of the weeks they want the top choice of games.
- Four Big Ten Championship games, all in odd numbered season (2023, 2025, 2027 and 2029)
- 7 games to air on CBS in 2023. Starting in 2024, the number will increase with up to 15 games starting in 2024.
- At the moment, it is unknown when most games be scheduled in 2023. In 2024 and future seasons, games will usually air at 3:30pm Eastern.
- CBS will carry one Black Friday game per season during the afternoon.
- Two Big Ten Championship games: 2024 and 2028.
- 16 games to air on NBC in 2023. Starting in 2024, the number will decrease by one to 15 games per season starting in 2024.
- In addition to the games on NBC, 8 additional games per season will air on Peacock.
- Most NBC games will air in primetime on the east coast while games on Peacock could be scheduled for any game window or start time.
- NBC will carry one Black Friday game per season in primetime.
- NBC has rights to the 2026 Big Ten Championship.
Every Big Ten school must make two appearances on BTN. At least one of those appearances must be from a conference game. In 2023, BTN will carry up to 41 games and the maximum will increase to 50 in future seasons.
Source: CBS Sports, Big Ten